Luvin’ Life’s organic white sage (salvia apiana) is from the coastal mountains of California. White sage (sometimes known as sacred sage) is highly valued as a ceremonial and ritualistic plant and is deemed to have great spiritual and emotional benefits as well as cleansing properties. It is now used by many people for this purpose. Native traditions relate that wherever sage is used, no evil influences may enter. The sacred ritual of purifying with smoke (smudging) comes from many indigenous people around the world. A sage smudge stick can be used to purify the body, aura, pets, home, office and healing rooms. In fact, any space or item can be cleansed with sage sticks. Our organic sage stick bundles are made as tools of empowerment, to help you clear and clean out bad energy.
Burning sage sticks is one of the oldest and purest methods of cleansing and getting rid of unwanted energy and spirits, dating back thousands of years. Burning a sage smudge stick clears bacteria from the air, while also releasing negative ions, which has positive effects on your mood. The Latin word for sage ‘salvia’ comes from the word ‘heal’ and burning sage sticks is also said to bring wisdom, clarity and spiritual awareness. Creating sage smudge is perfect for relaxation, focus and combatting everyday stress, by clearing the air and promoting mindfulness. With powerful antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities, when you burn smudge sticks in your home or any other space, you are inviting positivity into your life.
How To Use A Sage Smudge Stick
Are you ready to engage in the practice of burning sage smudge sticks? It’s a very simple yet effective way to cleanse your space and body:
- Light the smudge stick at the tip of the leaves and allow to burn for 5 – 10 seconds before gently blowing on the embers to create smoke.
- Slowly move around the space, gently waving the sage smudge in the air.
- When you have finished, gently extinguish the smoke in sand or in a small dish of water.
- Be sure not to leave a burning sage smudge stick unattended.
- Store in a dry place for future use.
Shop For Sage Smudge Sticks and Loose Leaf Online
When you are shopping for sage sticks, it is important to only choose California white sage, known as a white sage smudge stick. You shouldn’t burn the sage you have in your kitchen and choose only high-quality, ethically sourced sage smudge, like the type we sell here at Luvin’ Life. Our sage smudge sticks and loose leaves are organically grown without artificial sprays or fertilisers and are 100% pesticide free. The leaves are gathered in an ecological and respectful way. Each bundle is individually hand-picked, rolled and packed and we have different sizes available from mini to large as well as loose leaves. Shop for an organic sage smudge stick or loose leaves online today.
- Light the smudge stick at the tip of the leaves, allow to burn for 5 – 10 seconds and gentle blow on the embers to create smoke.
- Slowly move among rooms, gently waving the stick in the air.
- After use, gently extinguish the smoke in sand or a small dish of water.
- Store in dry place for future use.